This thematic area seeks to equip, facilitate and accompany church leaders in their mission for peace, justice, and reconciliation in the Great Lakes and Horn of Africa.
Expected outcome: Enhanced capacity of church leaders and faith actors to advocate for peace and social cohesion.
Strategic Interventions for Pillar 1:
- Generation of early warning and response actions through regular and strategic context analysis and conflict monitoring.
- Capacity building of Church leaders / faith actors for advocacy, dialogue and mediation on emerging peace issues in the region and their locales.
- Strengthen the capacity of Church leaders / faith actors to champion and facilitate inclusion of women and youth in peace and decision-making processes.
- Capacity Build dialogues / mediation fora; solidarity; and high-level advocacy by Church leaders / faith actors.
- Support member Churches and Councils in understanding and strengthening localization of different global and regional instruments of peace and development.
- Facilitate trauma healing and peace building integrated approach to peace and social cohesion.